Sunday, May 13, 2012

Love and Best Dishes

We are servin' up some love over here ya'll, so pull up a chair and get ready to sink your teeth into some gifts that will leave a lasting impression!  Between teacher appreciation and Mother's Day there are warm fuzzies all over the place. 

First up is a fingerprint flower platter that I made (with the help of lots of little fingers) for my own son's teacher.  I used Pebeo Porcelaine 150 paint to make the flowers and leaves and a paint pen by the same company to write the verse.  I LOVE this paint because once you bake it you can eat on it, wash it, and it doesn't come off.  I had each kiddo in the class "fingerprint" a flower and then sign the back.  It is the perfect keepsake AND it can actually be used.  
Practical + sentimental = Love.
Once you're platter is done and you've spread a little teacher love you can move on to some momma love.  One of my absolute favorite things to do at the end of the school year is host Mother's Day Tea!  Pampering the moms who have helped us out all year long is so much fun.  I pull out the paint and let the fingers fly!  We have a garden themed tea and my super, amazing, Martha-ain't-got-nothin'-on-me teamie that I worked with when I first started teaching came up with this design.  
I know, it's like the cutest thing ever. Sometimes I put the verse and sometimes I put "this is your special day."  Since the paint is permanent the plate can actually be used for birthday cake and Mother's Day dinner and you-rocked-your report-card pancakes!  So don't walk, run to the nearest Blick Art Supply or click here and get yourself some paint.  After you get your paint you can stop by the Dollar Tree for a set of plates.  If they don't have enough you can order them online here and have them sent to a Dollar Tree near you.  Did you know you can order in bulk at dollartree.com?  It's not good for the budget that I found this out...not good at all.

And then there's this plate.  
The plate that reminds me I have the best job ever!  

       


8 comments:

  1. I love these plates. I wanted to do something with this kind of paint back at Christmas. But I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for the link.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, these are the cutest ever! We drew with sharpies on tiles for Mother's Day but I love the idea of the plates! Super cute blog too....have so much fun visiting here.
    Doris@thirdgradethinkers8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany . . . It's great ideas like these that made me feel the urge to hook you up with the One Lovely Blog Award. Your posts are fantastic, your blog is darling, and your work is so creative. I just couldn't help myself! Check out my blog for the details.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    PS - I spoke with Ron at Intelli-Tunes and he said he didn't think he received an email from you. If you still would like a CD from him . . . he is game!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I love your plates. Thanks for entering my giveaway - I'm your newest follower! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plates asnd the bees and sunflolwers are so cute. A must for next year. Order in BULK from Dollar Tree? Who knew? Thanks for the tip!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! My name is Shannon. I chose your blog to receive the "Versatile Blogger Award"! To pick it up, visit my blog (www.theteachersworkroom.blogspot) to find all the details! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...