Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Word Work Wednesday

I worked with my little readers on sneaky e.
We worked and worked and worked.

I worked with my little readers on the rainbow rule.
We worked and worked and worked.

Everything seemed to be going so well...
then we put the words together and - oh my!

Some of them had such a hard time getting their mouth to say what their head knew about these rules!  So I thought it would be fun to make a little snowman.  In this game the kids have to look at the word, decide which rule to use, and read the word.  If the word matches their rule they get to draw a part of their snowman.  The first one to have their snowman "built" wins.

We played it whole group first, team Rainbow against team Sneaky E.  It was a tough battle.  It came down to the last button and team Rainbow was victorious.  We had a lot of fun playing together and now they should be ready to play with a partner!









5 comments:

  1. I just peeked back at your rainbow rule post. Love the idea!
    ❤Teri

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas - thanks for the freebies! I'm a new follower :)

    Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a good rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...